Today's episode of Destination Moroccois absolutely chock-full of useful, practical information that will get your Morocco travel planning in 2023 off to a great start.
Azdean receives questions all the time from curious and engaged listeners, asking fundamental questions about travel around Morocco, things to do there, and most of all how to do it safely and reliably. No one wants to get ripped off and taken advantage of, and for something that is typically a once-in-a-lifetime trip, you want to make sure you get the most out of it and, if at all possible, make the right decisions.
This episode will help you in putting those ideas and plans together, whether you're a solo traveller, a couple or a small group. You may be an independent traveller who builds their own itinerary and activities, and that's perfectly fine. Or you may be looking for a more personalized, private tour experience from a company like Destination Morocco.
Either way, the information today will help you navigate and know what to expect, where to go and what to ask.
Here is some of what we cover today:
- Recommendations and a sample itinerary for a 7 to 12 day, self-guided, independent trip around Morocco, if you are organizing it yourself.
- How to navigate the souks in Marrakech, and the best time of day to visit.
- How to find the best traditional Moroccan food, and where.
- How to experience a traditional Moroccan hammam, how they work and how much you should expect to pay.
- How to take a desert tour in Morocco, and what questions to ask when you go to book.
- How to find the best hotels and riads in Morocco, what you should expect for each price range, and how to actually reserve a room at a riad.
- How to navigate public transportation in Morocco. Azdean explains the train system and options. How the bus transportation companies complement the train system, and two companies that Azdean recommends.
- How to "attend" a Moroccan wedding (i.e. without an invitation!).
- How to explore the Atlas Mountains in Morocco, from the right gear to the best time of year.
- How to take a cooking class in Morocco, including what to look for and how to book.
- Some valuable perspective on luxury as it pertains to Morocco: their definition may be quite different than that of North America or Europe, not to mention what's included and what's not included.
- How to take a camel ride in Morocco: knowing what to do and how to react.
- How to explore the Berber villages in Morocco. A unique and poignant question, Azdean brings perspective to this as a native Berber himself.
And lastly, thank you to our listeners for puttingDestination Moroccoin the top 25% of all Buzzsprout podcasts (and there are more than 10,000!)!
Resources Mentioned in this episode:
Trains and other transport:
Follow, Share and Participate:
Learn more about the show on our Podcast Website
Find beautiful pictures on our Instagram!
Help people find us: Leave a Review in Apple Podcasts
Help us grow: Rate us on Spotify
Become a Guest on the Show!
Visit Destination Morocco Travel Agency